Lectures on Halacha
Questions and Answers
HaRav Shmuel Fuerst Shlita
Dayan, Agudas Yisroel of Illinois
Title: "Ask the Posek".
Description: The Rav answers various questions about Jewish Laws regarding specific topics listed below.
Size: 11.6 MB
Length: 1 hour 8 min
Answers to the Following Questions:
• Is one required to answer tzedaka
• Can one keep the gift if they are not planning to donate?
• What should one's general approach be to tzedaka
• Is one obligated to give to a shliach
• Is a pet muktza
• Can one feed a stray animal on Shabbat?
• Can a Jew spay or neuter an animal?
• Are you obligated to pay a shadchan
• Who is obligated to pay, the child getting married or the parent?
• If the parent doesn't like the shidduch
, do they still have to pay?
• Does the money have to come from the boy's side or the girl's?
• Can a shadchan
exaggerate or lie?
• Is there lashon hara
• Can one say information about a shidduch
that they heard from others?
• Is one obligated to tell if a shidduch
has a medical condition that is kept in check by medication, such as ADD?
• At what point in dating should negative information about a shidduch
be released to the other side?
• Can parents lie about support if the boy wants to study Torah?
Monetary Errors in Business
• If a monetary error occurs in business, is one obligated to pay it back?
• Does it matter if the owner is a Jew or non-Jew?
• What if it is a corporation with stocks partially owned by Jews?
• What if an error will cost the company more money to fix?
• What if the person who made the error will lose their job?
• Can one sponser a non-kosher holiday party for employees?
• Can one buy a non-kosher food basket?
• Is a Jew allowed to give non-kosher food to non-Jews?
• Is a Jew allowed to give non-kosher wine to a non-Jew as a gift?
• Can an employer supply non-kosher food to employees that are not keeping kosher?
• What if the employer provides some kosher food in addition to the non-kosher?
• Can you put cold food in a warming drawer on Shabbat?
• Does it matter if the food is wet or dry?
• Can one use a warming drawer for meat and milk at different times?
• Is double-wrapping an option?
• Is it okay to warm congealed liquids?
• What is the issue with warming drawers?
• Are knobs a problem?
• What is the difference between a blech
and a plateh
• Can one warm up food on any hot surface on Shabbat?
• Are there any restrictions using a "kosher lamp" on Shabbat?
• Is an LED considered a lamp?
• Can one move a lamp in order to sweep?
Gifts to Teenagers
• Can a parent keep money given to a child as a gift?
• Can a parent keep money given to a child for a bat or bar mitzvah?
• Can a parent use the money to pay for the bat or bar mitzvah?
• What about books or other non-monetary gifts?
• Should a a two-year-old be making brachot
• If someone says a bracha
incorrectly, should one respond "Amen" for chinuch
• What about foods that are a suffeik
as to what bracha
to make- how do we explain the issues to children or adults who are growing spiritually?
• What bracha
do we say on mixtures such as raisin bran or chocolate-covered nuts?
• What's the difference between a grape and a raisin concerning the bracha acharona
Yom Tov Clothing for a Wife
• Can a husband fulfill the mitzvah
by telling his wife "Buy what you want"?
• How can one fulfill this mitzvah
• Is helping in the kitchen enough to fulfill the mitzvah
Snack vs Meal
• Are "wraps" considered HaMotzi
• Are croutans considered HaMotzi
• What are the guidelines for eating pizza?
• Can one wash for bread in a bathroom or airplane lavatory?
• Do you use one or two hands?
More Lectures and Videos to come!
© 2010 - 2014 Jewlight Inc. All rights reserved.